CARPENTER, Michael Wayne
Michael Carpenter, a 40-year-old man, is the subject of a public notification issued by the Victoria Police Department. VicPD believes Michael Carpenter poses a risk of significant harm to the safety of adult and teenage females.
Mr. Carpenter is currently serving an eight-year sentence for three counts each of sexual assault with a weapon, unlawful confinement, and uttering threats. He has a lengthy criminal record which includes other convictions for sexually related offences. He has a history of targeting and sexually assaulting adult and young females who were strangers to him.
Mr. Carpenter is currently on parole in the Victoria area. He must abide by various conditions of his statutory release, including the following:
1) Must not consume any alcohol or other intoxicants;
2) Must report all interactions with females immediately to his parole officer;
3) Must reside Victoria and cannot travel north of the Malahat;
4) Not to use or possess any computers; and
5) Not to go anywhere that children may reasonably be expected to gather (schools, playgrounds, etc.)
If he is observed in violation of any of the above-noted conditions, please do not approach him but contact your local police agency immediately.
If you have any additional information about Mr. Carpenter, please contact VicPD Detective Shawn Robson at firstname.lastname@example.org.